Vancouver is cosmopolitan, energetic, innovative and is unique for its unrivaled natural beauty, framed by mountains and surrounded by water. The convention centre, which opened in 2009, is a truly spectacular meeting place offering limitless possibilities in a beautiful part of the city, right on the ocean. It would be difficult to find a venue that can do even more to inspire creative thinking and dynamic ideas than the Vancouver Convention Centre.
The experts are the judges!
- Travel + Leisure magazine ranked Vancouver #9 in its World Best City Awards 2013.
- The city’s 1,000 acre Stanley Park was included on Travel + Leisure magazine’s list of World’s Most Beautiful City Parks in 2013.
- National Geographic magazine named Vancouver a Top 10 Beach City for 2013 alongside Sydney, Honolulu, Barcelona, Rio, Nice, Cape Town, Miami, Tel Aviv and Santa Monica.
- For the fourth year in a row, the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) was named Best Airport in North America and eighth worldwide in 2013. It is the only airport in North America to make the top 10 in the World Airport Awards.
- After winning the World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF) Green City Challenge Award, Vancouver was named the world’s first Global Earth Hour Capital for 2013.
- For the 10th year in a row, Vancouver was named Canada’s Best Destination in Travel Weekly magazine’s Readers’ Choice Awards (2012).
- Condé Nast Traveler magazine readers voted Vancouver the Best City in Canada to visit in 2012.
- Vancouver ranked as the Best City in Canada by Travel + Leisure Magazine in 2012.